- Inline Cohort: define up to 5 cohorts (user segments) inline with every formula: Query, Funnel, Path and Retention. There is no need to jump back and forth to create cohorts any more.
- Currently two cohort types are supported. More types like Retention and Funnel are coming soon in future releases.
- Performed: users who performed certain events in the time window. This is the mostly used cohort type.
- Query: reference a previously executed Query with condition.
- Any inline cohort can be saved with a name, so they can be referenced directly in the future.
- Now you can also combine one breakdown (dimension property) with cohorts, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Cancel Formula Execution: support cancel when a formula are being executed.
- Ending Event Optional in Path: support open ended path
- Click on chart name to rename: click on a chart's name to rename it
- Breakdown by Two Fields: support up to two fields in Breakdown.
- Alias for Compound Measure in Query: support specifying alias for a compound measure (+ or / between simple measures)
- Dashboard Refresh: starting this release, to speed up the loading, Dashboards will load the previously executed charts by default and only execute with latest data when the Refresh button is clicked on.
- Negative Events in Funnel: exclude some events between steps when Order is Sequence in Funnel.
- Funnel Order: three order options in Funnel. For three steps with events e1, e2, e3
- Any: matches e1, e2, e3 in any order regardless their timestamps. Previously this was the default order.
- Sequence: matches e1 -> ... -> e2 -> ... -> e3 when they happen sequentially, though there could be other events in between.
- Exact: matches e1 -> e2 -> e3 in exact order without any other events in between.
- Cohort Subject: support cohort by User, Device or Session (if available)
- Cohort Time Window Between: support "between last X and Y days" in cohort time window
- Abstract Event: treat both event name and a property as a separate step in Path.
- For example: "page_view: Homepage", "user_action: Checkout"
- The list of abstract events and properties to use are customer specific
- Session Renewal: automatically renew session when Kubit is being used
- New feature - Effect: added support in Query to show the impact of a Trigger Event before and after the Trigger Date.
- Select "Trigger" as the type for the date range
- Choose the Subject to analyze by (if applicable)
- Specify the details of the Trigger Event
- The returned chart will be rendered with "Day 0" in the middle, then
- "Day -N" on the left showing before the Trigger Date
- "Day +N" on the right showing after the Trigger Date
- Improvement: increase to show up to 3000 events to choose from in the Event input.
- Bug fix - Cohort Pre-filter with Negate Condition: fixed a bug related to cohort pre-filter when negate condition was specified ( "count(event) = 0" ).
- Median Function in Query: support statistic function median() in Query.
- Formula Input Tuning: various UX tuning on inputs in all Formulas
- Breakdown Bucketing: support bucketing for numeric field in breakdown. For example: breakdown by Age or Install Days with pre-defined bucket definitions.
- Relative Time Window for Install + X days: when Install Date is used for group by, the analysis will only consider all the events happened within X days since Install Date.
- Note: this feature is only enabled for Query in this release. Funnel will come in the next release.
- Subject Bucketing and Histogram: Support group by Subject (user, device or session) in Query with bucketing (occurrences of Subjects in each bin) and show the distribution in histogram with statistics (min, max, mean, median, standard deviation and 95-percentile).
- For example: Count Event(Download) for Subject=User and Bucketing=Range10
- Query returns for each date, the count of Users who have a certain number of Download events for each bin (0-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10+).
- In bar chart view, right click a certain date to "Expand" it to show the histogram to get a sense of the distribution of the occurrences
- Expand Bar Chart: right click a certain date on bar chart to "Expand" it.
- Retention: Support Subject. Applicable customers can now analyze retention by user or device.
- Switch to Slack Channel for In-App Support. Access support in Slack from anywhere within the application.
- Query: Time Window for Install date. When Install date is selected, the look forward time window must be specified now (number of days). This means for the users with an Install date (cohort), analyze how many days of Events. Previously this value is hard coded as 90 days.
- Query: New Time Bucket - All Time. A new time bucket A (stands for "All Time") is introduced. When All Time is selected, the data within the selected date range is treated as a whole instead of grouped by Day/Week/Month/Year.
- New Cohort Time Bucket - All Time. Treat all users within the selected date range as a whole instead of separate cohorts by Day/Week/Month/Year.
- Retention Time Window: analyze how many days of data for each cohort. Leave it blank as a default to restrict to only the data within the selected date range (show a triangle of retention chart).
- Increase field value limit to 25: allow up to 25 values to selected in a filter for any field
- Session Duration: only for applicable customers
- Cumulative Sum View: show the Cumulative Sum in line/bar chart for Query
- Up to 500 Groups in Export: increase to 500 groups when Export to CSV or Jupyter
- A/B Test Experiments and Treatments/Variants: only for applicable customers
- Measure and Alias Improvements:
- Default optional, using + sign to specify value
- Use Event name as default alias for Measure (in Query) and Step (in Funnel)
- Subject and Partition in Funnel/Path:
- Provide the option of analyzing by User or Device (if applicable) as Subject
- By default, Partition the events by Day (all events have to happen within the same calendar day). For certain applicable customers, Partition by Session is also provided (all events have to happen within the same session).
- Path Usability Improvements: make it easier to show information about an edge; wrap text for long event names
- Bug fixes: cohort, retention, workspace UI alignments
- Promote Schedule to the top level menu on the side
- Session Support: Unique Session function and First Session flag (Only for selected customers who provides required data like session_id and first_session_id)
- Breakdown by Install Date, Install Week and Install Month: exact field names may vary by customers
- Support IdP Initiated SSO: Single Sign On from authentication provider directly
- Dynamic Join with Dimension Tables: only join with dimension tables when a dimension field is specified in Formula to boost performance
- RudderStack Integration: open-source CDP
- Filter by Date Fields: eg Install Date
- Nested Property: expose the internal properties of a JSON or BigQuery Struct field for Filter, Breakdown or Function.
- New Filter Widget
- Performance Improvements: query optimization, mostly for BigQuery/Firebase customers
- Reorder Funnel Steps and Query measures: use drag-n-drop to reorder the steps in Funnel or Measures in Query
- Insert steps in Funnel: insert steps in the middle of the funnel
- Copy SQL for every analysis: available for Enterprise tier or as Add-on package
- Bug fix: Edit Dashboard chart order issue.
- Data Dictionary: show detailed information about Field, Event, Cohort, Measure, Filter.
- UI improvements: compact sidebar; moved Existing Cohorts to Dictionary.
- Search: Event, Field and Field Value search improvements.
- Named Measures: save a Measure which can be shared by others
- Retention: Classic and Range retention, supporting different time bucket for Cohort and Retention
- mParticle Integration: ingest mParticle events.
- Braze Integration: import cohort information to Braze to segment users with push/email campaigns.
- Prediction (beta): shows how some action events can “predict” the probability which users will move from a source cohort to a target cohort.